Thursday, May 15, 2008

AWANA Clubs as a Bible Curriculum - Part IV

I have not addressed the involvement of my husband and I yet, so I will do that now. We haven’t formally taken part in the AWANA leadership at our church at this point because we are involved in ministry on Sunday mornings and we do not have a chance to be a part of small group fellowship, which our church emphasizes. We do have the opportunity on Wednesday nights, during AWANA time, so that is what we have been doing.


My husband has been involved informally. He pitched in several weeks when they needed extra help. He was glad to help because it was needed, but he quickly decided it wasn’t for him. He felt like he was too strict with the kids. He just did not know what to do in a situation when someone else’s kids were disobeying and defying him. Belive me, he is plenty used to dealing with that at home, but there’s a comfort level with your own kids. I do think we would get more out of the clubs if we participated as a family, at least in some fashion. That is something we are considering, and if we do decide to continue, I think it will be with that additional involvement.

I will update when we make our decision. If we decide to skip AWANA, I will let you know what we decide to do instead.

(Reposted from my HomeschoolBlogger page 6/13/08)

0 comments:

Post a Comment