Friday, May 6, 2005

Thursday

Today was the last day of the Bible study I've been going to on Thursday morning. It was a really good one. We read Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

See if any of these hit home: "I can't help the way I am." "I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings." "I don't have time to do everything I am supposed to do." How about, "I can't help the way I respond when my hormones are out of whack." These are just some of the lies we need to hold up to the truth of God's Word.

Todd stayed home an extra day last weekend. Junior has still not gotten over that. He has missed his dad so much this week. He usually gets up 5 minutes after Dad leaves for work, then he asks when is Dad going to be home. I have been letting him call Dad at work during the day. It is pretty funny. He dials the number with me helping him and then waits on the line for Todd to answer. Today the conversation was:
T: Hello?
J: Dad? Um, well, um, um, um...mama said I couldn't...I wanted to drive my bike out into the parking lot...I wanted to drive my bike out into the parking lot from the driveway and mama said NOOOO! (starts to cry)
T: Son, you have to obey mama. She doesn't want you to get hit by a car.
J: (less forceful)Well, um, um, um...I wanted to go out in the parking lot and mama won't let me.
T: She doesn't want you to get hurt. You do what mama says.
J: I could get in a wreck and get hurt...but, but, okay.
T: Alright, you be good. Okay?
J: Okay.


(The "parking lot" is our cul-de-sac. He thinks he should be able to ride around out there anytime he wants.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment