Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just as I thought...

A few weeks ago, I got an email that said you could go to Dr. Phil's website and sign up to be on one of his shows about homeschooling. I thought about it, but then decided not to. I wouldn't get picked anyway, I'm not extreme enough. (And I figured that the show would be taped really soon, and it's not like we can go anywhere for a while!)
I had heard that he has a low opinion of homeschooling, especially the homeschooling of teens. I never watch his show, but I have heard some of his quotes, which show he either has a great deal of ignorance, or is misinformed on the whole subject. Here is an article about one family who was invited to be in the studio audience of this show. I don't know when it will air, maybe it already has. Dr. Phil Article

*Update* I got an email this afternoon from a different source that says this program is scheduled for October 27th. I don't know if I'll try to watch it or not. Stuff like that usually just makes me irritated. If he'd give his source for the "research" that shows that teenagers need the socialization of a public school environment, that would be worth a look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment