Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Readin' and 'Ritin'

Last week at the homeschool meeting, one of the moms passed out some Braum's book buddies that she had leftover from another group. They are little cards with stickers and coupons. The kid gets one sticker per book read and when they get 6 stickers, they get a coupon for a free ice cream cone. So I got it out today and told Peanut about it. She nearly came unglued and went searching for books that she could read to me. I had to tell her calm down. We have all week to get 6 stickers, I think we can handle it. She was about to climb the walls all day. The funny thing is that we are going to see Grandma and Grandpa this weekend and they would take her to Braum's twice a day if she wanted. Hee hee. But she is excited about getting a coupon to bring along, so I think I'll ask her if she wants to treat one of them. They won't let her, but it would be nice for her to ask.

This morning Junior was tired, he is still getting over his little illness. He went in his room before lunch to lie down and ended up going to sleep. Peanut grabbed some paper and wrote him a letter:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


She is pretty cute. I was so impressed because she did this all by herself! She is doing pretty good putting spaces in between the words and using some lower-case letters too. I will have to find one of her notes from earlier this year and compare them. And that is a lot of writing for her, if I had asked her to do half of that, she would have been slumped over the table begging for a break! Hee hee...

0 comments:

Post a Comment