Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bible in a Year

Last year, I used a site similar to this one for my daily Bible reading. My goal was to read through the Bible in one year, and I accomplished that goal!


I found it hard to make a habit. I wanted to do it first thing in the morning, but after I had my coffee so I would be a more active reader, and perhaps remember what I had read, rather than just go through the motions! So I made a quick folder of bookmarks that encompassed everything I like to do online each day. The list included my email, Google Reader, some blogs that I can't read through Google Reader, and a freebie site I like to check daily. I put the Bible reading link at the top and my rule was that I could not move on to the rest of the links until I had my Bible reading finished. This really worked for me.


For more tips, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

10 comments:

  1. Great idea. This has always been a goal of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that. I have still not gotten into on-line bible reading. I am so 20th century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great idea. At the start of the year I decided that during the babe's nap I wouldn't go on the computer until I had done my daily reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reading it all last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I could use some discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a good idea. How much are you having to read a day? Do you find yourself rushing through the reading to get to the other items?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! Since I'm more likely to spend more time online, this is a great way to get it in and first thing! Like you I have my "Morning Coffee Websites" I just HAVE to visit daily so to add this in is perfect. Perfect way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the best! thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete