Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Works-for-Me Wednesday - Tiny Recipes

I have certain recipes that I use often, but not often enough that my little mind can get them memorized. I ended up getting out the recipe book just to remind me whether that was ½ tsp. of salt, or 1 tsp. of salt.

I finally had a brainstorm. I opened up my Word program and wrote out my most used recipes in the smallest font possible. I posted these recipes on the inside of the cabinet door that is closest to my stovetop. Later, I improved this by making a table in Word and typing each recipe into one of the cells. To save space, I often just write the list of ingredients.





To do this yourself, just tell your word processor program to create a table. I’ve found that three columns works best. Set your viewer to 100% and pick a font. You can make it as small as you want, just make sure you can see it on the screen without difficulty. Start typing recipes, one recipe per cell, adding a row to the table when necessary. If you have the recipes on your computer already, you will only need to cut and paste, then select the text and shrink the font.

I think you could also do this with a spreadsheet program, like Excel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment